1. Why did you join PRGE? I did the last one and it was a ton of fun.
1.a. Have you done other swaps? Just the last PRGE
Are you doing other swaps right now?No
2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)My dog, NASCAR, yarn
2.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal?Maybe a little
3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet? My Sahara, We Call them Pirates hats,
3.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet?Baby things
3.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday?
4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why?
4.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)?
5. What are your three favorite yarns? Merino, alpaca,
What are your three least favorite yarns?furry yarns, thick and thin yarns, really any kind of novelty yarn.
5.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns? Yes!
5.b. What are your favorite colors? Purples, Pinks, browns, greens
What are your favorite colors to knit with? I like to knit with all colors
6. What are your five favorite delicacies? Cannoli, good dark chocolate, coffee, italian cookies,
6.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why? Koigu, so many knitters seem to love it.
7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures? listening to old 80' s hair bands, watching movies or mini-series about war, watching General Hospital.
7.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors? All characters from Lord of the Rings trilogy.
8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
8.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)? I go to school for bookkeeping.
9. What do you collect? Precious moments, barbies, yarn.
9.a. What collects you? I have no idea what this means.
10. When is your birthday? December 28
10.a. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas, so festive.
11. Do you have any wishlists? Yes, at amazon
11.a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about? no
12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about? allergic to cats
12.a. What drives you nuts? people who talk on cell phones while driving, GRRRR!
13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun? I don't work yet, I knit for fun.
13.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? not sure
14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
14.a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist? I LOVE the contests!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Hello everyone!! I can't believe how long its been since my last post. I've been meaning to but I have so much to share I was overwhelmed. So instead of one big post I'm going to share a little everyday.
Where to begin? How 'bout why I've been so busy...
I've gone back to school. Pretty scary since its been 20 years since I last went to school. I am going to learn bookkeeping. I've decided that its time for me to go back to work. In the past I have only worked retail and definitely do not want to do that anymore. It is a state run program for people with disabilities and other problems. I go 4 days a week from 9 a.m to 3 p.m. Its a 6 month program, I should be done around the beginning of next year. I have been so tired at night that I have not got that much knitting or crocheting done.
My cousins wedding is at the end of the month, I am the maid of honor. There has been a lot of wedding stuff to do. The shower was last weekend. It was a great success. I made the 2 ringbearer pillows because I wanted them to match the dresses. Her colors are chocolate brown and light green. The dresses are brown. I made the pillows cream with a brown trimmed with green band. Same with the photo album. They are very simple which is my cousins style.
I've had a lot of requests for more American doll patterns. I am working on a wedding dress, it just has to be written down. It is a very simple dress, easy for a beginner. While making it I got some ideas for fancier ones. I will work on them over the summer. The problem is while I like creating new patterns, I hate writing them down.
So that is a quick summary of whats been going on here. I will be sharing pictures from the shower, the gifts I made and my charity things. I hope to try and post one topic each day this week. Stay tuned and thanks for hanging around.
Ciao for now...
New Patterns! New Patterns!
Easy Print Document G 6 hook Bernat Baby so ftee y arn Size: newborn Chain 36 Row 1: dc in 4th...
Easy Print Pattern This dress should fit a 6-8 lb newborn baby. G7 hook light WW yarn such as Simply Soft or Pound of...
Easy Print Doc Simply Soft yarn, size G7 hook Size ( to m ake larger use a larger ho ok Gauge of my sweater i...